Monday, January 4, 2010

Yep it's true...I love Lord of the Rings




I don't know how I forgot something so amazing, but this weekend I rediscovered my love for Lord of the Rings. Saturday afternoon my parents and I took up the feat of watching the heart-wrenching tale of four young boys and their "quest" to save the world from evil as we know it.


At first I thought I would barely be able to make it through one of the three films made, but I slowly realized I could have watched all three back to back (even with the extended version). I love it!


I had even let it space my mind that years ago, in one of my college apartments, we had a basically life size cut out of Aragorn that lived in our front room. If you look closely at the picture Aragorn's head is in the top right hand corner.


How could I have forgotten how great the trilogy was? I don't know, but what I do know is that I am going to make an effort to watch them again every year from here on out.



2 comments:

Brynn and Jared said...

Wow, Jred would be so proud! Acutally, i remember falling asleep in the first one the first time i watched it but that husband of mine somehow convinced me to watch the trilogy (yes, extended version, and i loved them as well! I'm with you Lyns! They are fun :)

Brynn and Jared said...

PS totally didn't know you had a blog! I discovered you on jess's blog and i'm so excited so i helped myself to a little blog stock! :) Don't worry though, turn about is fair play and i sent you an invite to mine.